NGO Good Practice Project
Welcome to RainWater Cambodia
RainWater Cambodia was established in October 2003 through a collaboration of Cambodian and foreign nationals. Their common bond was a concern for the health of people in Cambodia, especially women and children. Access to clean drinking water and improved sanitation are clear priorities for improved health and that is why RainWater Cambodia focuses on these areas. Wherever possible we build on the strengths of traditional practices – such as rain water collection – but do so in a way which manages the risks associated with traditional methods such as preventing mosquitoes from breeding in the tank and preventing contamination from humans and animals.
To date we estimate that RainWater Cambodia has assisted over 100,000 people to access safer drinking water through formalised rainwater harvesting!
We welcome any comments or feedback on our activities and on our website so please feel free to use the Contact Us page to ensure your message reaches us!
Top of page
Rural Communities – where drinking water and sanitation are accessible and equitable.
To support rural communities in Cambodia to find appropriate solutions to access drinking water and sanitation through the development of their capacity and by strengthening the private sector to meet demand.
Create opportunities for participation by all
Demonstrate respect and equity in all our relationships
Ensure honesty, accountability and transparency in all our dealings
Commit to strive to achieve best practice, which is reflected in quality of service
Top of page
- Access to safer drinking water: The main aim of our work is to promote access to safer drinking water in communities which do not have alternative viable mechanisms. We have helped over 100,000 people in a variety of settings access safer drinking water through risk managed rain water harvesting systems.
- Increased use of sanitary latrines: Through social engagement households not only have but use a latrine thereby reducing open defecation and its concomitant risks.
- Social benefits: Through direct engagement of people, the “what’s in it for me ?” factor has motivated even the poorest in very difficult circumstances to not only participate but take pride in themselves and their achievements. Improved living conditions, cleaner environments, improved self esteem, reduced labour burden and increased safety, especially for women and children are some of the observed and reported benefits.
The Cooperation Comittee for Cambodia (CCC) is a professional association of non-government organisations in Cambodia that provides high quality services to civil society and influences Cambodia’s development partners through a collective voice. The group strives to achieve a strong and capable civil society, cooperating and responsive to Cambodia’s development challenges.
RainWater Cambodia is an active member of CCC and participates in the monthly forums and provides feedback on surveys and other circulated materials when needed.
NGO Good Practice Project
NGO GPP is a project within the Cooperation Committee for Cambodia (CCC) and represents a collective response by NGOs, donors/funding agencies, and other stakeholders to professionalise and strengthen the NGO sector in Cambodia by encouraging and promoting NGO accountability and good organisational practice. NGO GPP has facilitated the process of development of the Code of Ethical Principles and Minimum Standards for NGOs in Cambodia.
The NGO Code has been developed by a Working Group of representatives of the NGO Community in Cambodia, and incorporating feedback from a wider audience of NGOs, government departments, and other development stakeholders. This code aims to maintain and enhance standards of good organisational practice and to ensure the public trust in the integrity of the individuals and organisations that make up the NGO sector, and the effectiveness of NGO programmes.
The NGO Good Practice Project has produced a voluntary certification system centred on compliance with a Code of Ethical Principles and Minimum Standards for NGOs in Cambodia. To participate, organisations must submit a written application with supporting documentation and allow staff members of the NGO GPP to conduct desk based and field audits.
- Unlocking the Hidden Gems: Exploring Cambodia’s Untapped PotentialIntroduction: Discovering the Unexplored Beauty of Cambodia Welcome to the enchanting land of Cambodia, a country brimming with unexplored destinations and undiscovered gems just waiting to be uncovered. Nestled in the heart of Southeast Asia, Cambodia is a hidden treasure trove for adventurous travelers seeking unique experiences off the beaten path.While iconic destinations like Angkor … Read more
- Setting and Implementing Minimum Standards: Ensuring Quality and ComplianceMinimum standards, quality, compliance, setting standards, implementing standards, ensuring quality control, regulatory compliance. Setting and implementing minimum standards is crucial in ensuring both the quality and compliance of products and services. By establishing clear guidelines and benchmarks, organizations can maintain consistency and meet regulatory requirements. One of the primary objectives of setting minimum standards is … Read more
- The Power of Feedback: How it Provides Growth, Improvement, and SuccessConstructive feedback is a crucial element for personal growth, continuous improvement, and ultimately achieving success. It provides valuable insights and perspectives that help individuals identify areas of improvement and develop their skills further. Embracing constructive criticism is a key aspect of personal development as it allows us to refine our abilities and reach new heights … Read more
- Effective Waste Reduction Strategies and Sustainable Consumption Habits to Create a Greener FutureIntroduction: Understanding the Urgency of Waste Reduction and Sustainable Consumption In today’s world, where environmental issues are at the forefront of global concerns, waste reduction and sustainable consumption have become paramount. As we strive for a green future, it is crucial to understand the significant impact our choices have on the environment. Fortunately, there are … Read more
- Unveiling the Mysteries: Explore the Ancient Temples of Angkor Wat in CambodiaIntroduction: The Majestic Splendor of Angkor Wat Step back in time and immerse yourself in the awe-inspiring beauty of Angkor Wat, a testament to the grandeur and architectural genius of the ancient Khmer Empire. Located in Cambodia, this magnificent temple complex is not only a UNESCO World Heritage Site but also one of the most … Read more
- Understanding the Role of Appropriate Government Departments: A Guide to Efficient GovernanceIn today’s dynamic world, the effective functioning of government departments is crucial for the smooth operation of a nation. The role they play in ensuring efficient governance cannot be underestimated. These departments serve as a guiding force, providing the necessary expertise and knowledge to navigate complex policy decisions and implement effective strategies that benefit society … Read more
- Unlocking Memorable Adventures: How to Enjoy a Rich Travel ExperienceIntroduction: The Importance of a Rich Travel Experience Are you tired of cookie-cutter vacations that leave you feeling like just another tourist? Do you yearn for a truly rich travel experience that immerses you in the culture and allows you to create unforgettable memories? Look no further! Authentic travel is the key to unlocking a … Read more
- Unlocking Efficiency: How to Enhance Productivity and Streamline ProcessesIn today’s fast-paced world, efficiency and productivity are key factors that can make or break the success of any organization. To stay ahead of the competition, it is crucial to streamline processes and utilize optimization techniques. This is where automation tools come into play, enabling businesses to automate repetitive tasks and free up valuable time … Read more
- Embrace Sustainability: Adopt Sustainable Practices that Shape the Nation’s FutureIntroduction: Understanding the Importance of Sustainable Practices In today’s rapidly changing world, sustainability has become more than just a buzzword; it’s a crucial aspect of business and everyday life. With increasing awareness of the environmental impact of human activities, individuals and organizations alike are seeking ways to adopt sustainable practices and future-proof their operations. Green … Read more