Home Activities Products Resources Partners Water Matters Meet the Staff Donate Work With Us Contact Us
NGO Good Practice Project
Welcome to RainWater Cambodia
RainWater Cambodia was established in October 2003 through a collaboration of Cambodian and foreign nationals. Their common bond was a concern for the health of people in Cambodia, especially women and children. Access to clean drinking water and improved sanitation are clear priorities for improved health and that is why RainWater Cambodia focuses on these areas. Wherever possible we build on the strengths of traditional practices – such as rain water collection – but do so in a way which manages the risks associated with traditional methods such as preventing mosquitoes from breeding in the tank and preventing contamination from humans and animals.
To date we estimate that RainWater Cambodia has assisted over 100,000 people to access safer drinking water through formalised rainwater harvesting!
RainWater Cambodia operates as a non-government, not for profit organisation which does not serve the interests of any political party. RainWater Cambodia was established according to the requirements of the Royal Government of Cambodia and has been registered with the appropriate Government departments. We have also recently received NGO GPP certification which provides an even higher level of confidence for our donors and partners who continue to support our work.
We welcome any comments or feedback on our activities and on our website so please feel free to use the Contact Us page to ensure your message reaches us!
Top of page
Rural Communities – where drinking water and sanitation are accessible and equitable.
To support rural communities in Cambodia to find appropriate solutions to access drinking water and sanitation through the development of their capacity and by strengthening the private sector to meet demand.
Create opportunities for participation by all
Demonstrate respect and equity in all our relationships
Ensure honesty, accountability and transparency in all our dealings
Commit to strive to achieve best practice, which is reflected in quality of service
Top of page
- Access to safer drinking water: The main aim of our work is to promote access to safer drinking water in communities which do not have alternative viable mechanisms. We have helped over 100,000 people in a variety of settings access safer drinking water through risk managed rain water harvesting systems.
- Increased use of sanitary latrines: Through social engagement households not only have but use a latrine thereby reducing open defecation and its concomitant risks.
- Social benefits: Through direct engagement of people, the “what’s in it for me ?” factor has motivated even the poorest in very difficult circumstances to not only participate but take pride in themselves and their achievements. Improved living conditions, cleaner environments, improved self esteem, reduced labour burden and increased safety, especially for women and children are some of the observed and reported benefits.
The Cooperation Comittee for Cambodia (CCC) is a professional association of non-government organisations in Cambodia that provides high quality services to civil society and influences Cambodia’s development partners through a collective voice. The group strives to achieve a strong and capable civil society, cooperating and responsive to Cambodia’s development challenges.
RainWater Cambodia is an active member of CCC and participates in the monthly forums and provides feedback on surveys and other circulated materials when needed.
NGO Good Practice Project
NGO GPP is a project within the Cooperation Committee for Cambodia (CCC) and represents a collective response by NGOs, donors/funding agencies, and other stakeholders to professionalise and strengthen the NGO sector in Cambodia by encouraging and promoting NGO accountability and good organisational practice. NGO GPP has facilitated the process of development of the Code of Ethical Principles and Minimum Standards for NGOs in Cambodia.
The NGO Code has been developed by a Working Group of representatives of the NGO Community in Cambodia, and incorporating feedback from a wider audience of NGOs, government departments, and other development stakeholders. This code aims to maintain and enhance standards of good organisational practice and to ensure the public trust in the integrity of the individuals and organisations that make up the NGO sector, and the effectiveness of NGO programmes.
The NGO Good Practice Project has produced a voluntary certification system centred on compliance with a Code of Ethical Principles and Minimum Standards for NGOs in Cambodia. To participate, organisations must submit a written application with supporting documentation and allow staff members of the NGO GPP to conduct desk based and field audits.
RainWater Cambodia has been a strong supporter of this initiative from its inception and we are delighted to announce that we have recently received NGO GPP certification. Achieving this milestone was not easy and we are justifiably proud of our staff for their hard work and commitment to RainWater Cambodia’s ethical and professional standards.
- “The Truth About How to Create a Great Customer Service Experience”Anyone who’s ever been inconvenienced by a bad customer service experience knows just how frustrating it can be. Whether it’s dealing with long wait times, frustrating customer service reps, or problems that never seem to get fixed, it can be tough to get the attention you need to get your issues resolved. The Importance of […]
- How to Easily and Cleanly Find and Drink Safe Drinking Water ANYWHERELooking for a way to easily and cleanly find and drink safe drinking water? Look no further than this article! By following the author’s advice, you can make sure that you always have access to safe drinking water, wherever you may be. How to find safe drinking water anywhere. There are many different ways to […]
- How to Get New Customers in 10 StepsAre you looking for ways to get more new customers? If so, you’ll love this article! It provides 10 easy steps to getting new customers, which will help you grow your business. Everything from targeted marketing to developing a diversified customer base is covered in detail, so read on and see how you can increase […]
- Make health a prioritynow!Healthcare is becoming more and more expensive every year, and many people are not getting the health care they need. If we are to improve healthcare and make it more affordable for everyone, making health a priority is one of the best ways to do this. Improving healthcare will not only make people healthier, but […]
- The Pros and Cons of Working from HomeWorking from home can be a great way to flexible work and save on office costs, but it’s not without its drawbacks. Before making the decision to work from home, it’s important to weighed both sides of the equation. The Pros of Working from Home There are many benefits to working from home, such as […]
- The System Maintenance Checklist for Horse Racing FacilitiesIf you frequent horse racing facilities, you know that keeping them running smoothly is important. But what are the main system maintenance issues that need to be taken care of? In this article, we will take a look at the system maintenance checklist for horse racing facilities, which can help to ensure that these facilities […]
- The Emerging Cooperation Council of Cambodia and its Impact on Regional Stability Cambodia: A New Area of Cooperation for Southeast AsiaIn the ever-competitive world of Southeast Asia, the emergence of the Cambodian Cooperation Council (CCC) could be a game changer. Made up of six countries – Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Thailand – the CCC aims to promote trade and investment, peace and security, and human rights. Its founders believe that it has […]
- How to Optimize Your Time and Get More DoneIf you want to be more productive and get more done, then you need to optimize your time. By following the tips in this article, you can quickly find ways to cut down on wasted time and get more done in the hours that you have. Learn the basics of time management. There are a […]
- How social media can benefit your mental healthAre you using social media to stay connected with friends and family, but feel like it’s not having the positive impact that you thought it would? Social media can be a great way to improve your mental health, thanks to the ways that it can connect you with other people. By fostering social connection and […]